Join us FRIDAY, JUNE 12th for the Hasler Lab Open House!
If you’re in the Madison area, come on down for a “behind the scenes” event and spend a half hour or the whole afternoon exploring the science behind Wisconsin’s lakes, rivers and streams.
We’ll have hands-on science, FREE Babcock ice cream and a visit from the UW’s most iconic mammal, Bucky Badger.
Friday, June 12th, 2-6pm. And Hasler Lab (680 N. Park Street)
- Take a “research cruise” on Lake Mendota with CFL researchers
- Meet the fish, plants and insects that call Madison lakes home
- Try their hand at using various lake research tools
- Catch plankton from our pier and ID them under our microscopes
- Make aquatic-themed crafts at the Kids Crafts station
- Talk with leading scientists about Wisconsin’s freshwater
- Enjoy free Babcock Dairy Ice Cream
- Meet Bucky Badger
- And more!
Here’s a slideshow of past open houses:
So bring the kids and come on out from 2-6pm on Friday, June 12th. We hope to see you here!
Parking available under Helen C. White library after 4pm and in the the Lake Street public parking ramp near the corner of Lake and State.
*Note: Boat rides are first-come/first-served, ice cream is served until we run out, and Bucky Badger will be at the lab from 3-3:30pm.